Job Posting: Summer Assistant Program Coordinator
massive-dev | April 23, 2019
BC Wheelchair Sports is seeking an individual to fulfill a fulltime contract position as Assistant Program Coordinator. Programs may include: BCWSA ‘Bridging the Gap’ (BTG) recruitment and retention program, wheelchair loan program, junior sport camp program, special events, and other programs and services as required. The successful candidate will report to the BCWSA Program Manager & Program Coordinator.
Position: Assistant Program Coordinator
Anticipated Start Date: May 13th, 2019
Anticipated End Date: August 30th, 2019
Hours and Wages: 37.5 hours per week at $15.00/hour
Key Responsibility Areas
- Event Management – support the delivery of the Vancouver International Wheelchair Tennis Tournament, and the Kamloops Legacy Games including volunteers, food services, transportation, accommodations, information, sport technical, leadership workshops, ceremonies, medical services, registration, promotions, and awards.
- Junior Sport Camps & Community Programs – assist with the coordination of junior sports and community sport program related arrangements including facilities, transportation, promotions, equipment, recruitment, activities, leaders, medical support
- Bridging the Gap-Getting Physically Active Program – assist with program delivery elements including promotions, facilities, clinics, introductory programs, leaders, equipment.
- General administration duties related to the position.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have a good understanding of working with people with physical disabilities.
- Must be able to work efficiently, independently and be able to multi task
- Must be willing to have a criminal record check
- Must be available to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Must have knowledge in working with computers including Word and Excel
- Must have an outgoing personality and ability to network
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Knowledge of sports wheelchairs an asset and ability to deliver wheelchair loan program requirements
- Knowledge and experience working in the sport system is an asset
- Public Speaking training and experience is an asset
- Working with youth is an asset
- Class 4 driver’s license is an asset
- First Aid training is an asset
Physical ability to move and lift heavy objects is an asset
The applicant must meet the Canada Summer Jobs eligibility requirements:
- 15 – 30 years of age
- Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or person to whom refugee protections has been conferred;
- Have a valid social insurance number at the start of employment
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial legislation and regulations.
To apply please submit your cover letter, resume, and references via email to:
Michelle McDonell, Senior Program Coordinator, BC Wheelchair Sports email@example.com
780 SW Marine Drive, Vancouver BC V6P 5Y7 p.604 333 3520 www.bcwheelchairsports.com
Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.