2017 – 2018 Wheelchair Rugby Pool Announcement
massive-dev | December 6, 2017
BC Wheelchair Sports Association is pleased to announce the athlete pool for the 2017 – 2018 Wheelchair Rugby High Performance Program.
BC Wheelchair Rugby Provincial Team Pool
(Athletes are eligible to attend provincial team camps, receive available IST services, attend targeted tournaments and the Canadian National Championships)
- Brandon Perger N – Kelowna
- Rod Bitz 3.0** – Burnaby
- Joel Ewert 2.5 – Prince George
- Jessica Kruger 2.5* – Vancouver
- Stu Wymer 2.5 – Kamloops
- Cody Fournie 2.0 – Victoria
- Andrew Davis 2.0 – Vancouver
- Peter Isherwood 2.0 – Vancouver
- Scott James 2.0 – Armstrong
- Josh Holton 2.0 – Prince George
- Teri Thorson 1.5* – North Vancouver
- Trevor Hirschfield 1.0 – Vancouver
- Byron Green 0.5 – Vancouver
- Kaspar Shouldice 0.5 – Victoria
- Jeff Scott 0.5 – Victoria
- Provincial HP Coaching Staff – Trevor Hirschfield and Ian Chan
- Provincial Assistant Coach – Ryan Schweizer
*athletes are subject to IWRF rules governing Female sport class participation – 0.5 increase to total team points with no restriction to number of female athletes participating.
**athletes are subject to CWSA rules governing participation of athletes over the age of 45 – 0.5 increase to total team points. Only one athlete over 45 may benefit from this rule while on court.
N = New Athlete; athlete requires evaluation for a sport class status. “N” athletes have one year to attain eligible sport class status as per CSI Criteria.
(Athletes will be on a reserve list for development level tournaments that may call for specific role or classification needs. Athletes are encouraged to attend training camps, at their own cost, when available)
- John Chernesky 3.0 – North Vancouver
- Randy LeBlanc 1.5 – Kelowna
(Athletes will be targeted to receive a sport class at one BC event and attend training camps on an invitation basis)
- William McCreight – Kamloops
- Desiree Young – Sidney
- Judy Lee – Surrey
All questions should be directed, by email, to Program Manager Kevin Bowie at email@example.com.