We're hiring! Join our team this summer!
BC Wheelchair Sports is seeking an individual to fulfill a full-time termed employment position as Assistant Program Coordinator. Programs may include: BCWSA ‘Bridging the Gap’ (BTG) recruitment and retention program, wheelchair loan program, junior sports camp program, special events and other programs and services as required. The successful candidate will report to the BCWSA Program Manager & Sr. Program Coordinator
Position: Assistant Program Coordinator
Application Deadline: April 30, 2023
Anticipated Start Date: May 15, 2023
Anticipated End Date: August 25, 2023
Key Responsibility Areas
- Event Management – support the delivery of the Vancouver International Wheelchair Tennis Tournament, and the Kamloops Legacy Wheelchair Tennis Tournament including: volunteers, food services, transportation, accommodations, information, sport technical, ceremonies, medical services, registration, promotions, awards.
- Junior Sport Camps & BTG Kids Programs – assist with the coordination of junior sports and community sport program related arrangements including: facilities, transportation, promotions, equipment, recruitment, activities, leaders, medical support and online program delivery.
- Bridging the Gap-Getting Physically Active Program – assist with program delivery elements including promotions, facilities, clinics, introductory programs, leaders, and equipment.
- Sport Program and event support – assist with programs in wheelchair tennis, wheelchair athletics and wheelchair rugby including weekly programming, tournaments and competitions.
- General administration duties related to the position.
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have a good understanding of working with peple with physical disabilities.
- Must be able to work efficiently, independently and be able to multi task.
- Must be complete a BCWSA Screening application including a criminal record check.
- Must be available to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Must have knowledge in working with computers including Word and Excel
- Must have an outgoing personality and ability to network
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Knowledge of sports wheelchairs and ability to deliver wheelchair loan program elements such as wheelchair maintenance and transportation an asset
- Knowledge and experience working in the sport system is an asset
- Public Speaking training and experience is an asset
- Working with youth is an asset
- Class 4 driver’s license is an asset
- First Aid training is an asset
The applicant must meet the Canada Summer Jobs eligibility requirements:
- 15 – 30 years of age
- Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or person to whom refugee protections has been conferred;
- Have a valid social insurance number at the start of employment
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial legislation and regulations.
To apply please submit your cover letter, resume, and references via email to:
Michelle McDonell, Program Manager, BC Wheelchair Sports firstname.lastname@example.org
780 SW Marine Drive, Vancouver BC V6P 5Y7 p.604 333 3520 x208 www.bcwheelchairsports.com
Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.