The health and safety of our community is our utmost priority and In light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and ongoing public health recommendations, BCWSA will be continuing the suspension of all programs until May 30. This suspension includes all BCWSA and affiliated clubs' practices, training camps, tournaments and social events.
We have also closed our office, but BCWSA staff continues to work remotely and are accessible by email. You can find our team’s contact information here.
The following is from the Sport Medicine Advisory’s Committee’s most recent update on COVID-19 available here and detailed below.
Hygiene and Social Precautions:
- All Canadians should stay at home, work from home, and exercise at home to the extent this is possible.
- Maintain a distance of 2 metres from other people.
- Best practice is to expel respiratory droplets into disposable tissue, dispose of it safely, then immediately wash or sanitize hands.
- Expelling respiratory droplets onto a flexed elbow is better than no protection or an unprotected hand but it is non-optimal, as virus then remains on either the clothing or skin of the elbow depending on attire, either of which then need to be washed.
- For protection of others – assume you are infected and behave as such.
- For your protection – assume all others are infected and behave as such.
Updated Government of Canada Recommendations:
- All Canadians are being urged to stay at home where at all possible.
- All non-essential travel outside Canada is to be avoided, the US border is closed to non-essential traffic. All Canadians currently abroad are urged to return to Canada ASAP.
- All travellers returning from any destination outside of Canada are required to self-isolate for 14 days from the date of return (see the infographic below for specific information on what is involved in self-isolation).