BC Wheelchair Sports Association is seeking a knowledgeable, passionate individual to serve as our provincial wheelchair rugby head coach. The BC wheelchair rugby program has produced Paralympians like Trevor Hirschfield, Ian Chan and Garett Hickling. Come be part of this legacy of excellence. The successful applicant will work part-time from August 2017 - June 2018, with the possibility of contract extension.
Job posting: See attachment.
Application deadline: July 10th at 5 pm.
Submit application to: Gail Hamamoto, Executive Director via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Only individuals invited to interview will be contacted
Experience and Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in wheelchair rugby as an athlete, coach or volunteer
- Minimum of NCCP trained status in wheelchair rugby Introduction to Competition, or other related coaching certification
- A plan to achieve NCCP certified status in wheelchair rugby Competition Development within the next 2 years
- Experience with yearly training plans, athlete periodization and performance planning
- Knowledge of the club structure for wheelchair rugby in BC
- Knowledge of the sport development pathway for wheelchair rugby in Canada
- Experience working with athletes with a disability
- Strong administrative skills, including; Word, Excel and Power Point