BCWSA will be offering wheelchair tennis lessons outdoors in Surrey led by Provincial Coach Sarah Hunter. Lessons will take place at Goldstone Park (5850 146 Street) which is just down the street from our former home at the Surrey Tennis Centre.
Dates: Thursdays starting June 3
Location: Goldstone Park - 5850 146 Street, Surrey
Coaching: Sarah Hunter
Registration: Summer Lesson Registration
*Registration is required for all lessons. NO DROP-INS
Lesson cancellations or changes will be communicated by the coaching staff except in the case of a COVID related change in which case you will receive an email from Michelle. As things change quickly, please check you email before leaving for your program. If you're unable to attend a lesson, please contact your coach or Michelle at 604-961-2516 ahead of time to let us know.
While BCWSA has in place guidelines (attached) to as best as we can prevent the spread of COVID-19 there is still risk in participating in any sporting activity given the current spread of COVID-19. Everyone plays a role in keeping their community safe and it more important than ever that we adhere to all guidelines and public health advice including the following:
1. All players are recommended to read and follow BCWSA’s Return to Play Recommendations for Wheelchair Tennis
2. Individuals including but not limited to participants, volunteers and coaches MAY NOT PARTICIPATE in any programming if they:
Exhibit any symptoms of a cold, flu, or COVID-19 including a fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat and painful swallowing, stuffy or runny nose, loss of sense of smell, headache, muscle aches, fatigue and loss of appetite.
Have had any of the above symptoms in the last 10 days.
Are under the direction of the provincial health officer to self-isolate
Have travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days
Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
3. All players must adhere to all facility guidelines and follow the directions of the coach at all times.
4. At this time no spectators will be allowed in the tennis facility. Parents are asked to leave their children at the door when it is time for their lesson.
5. IMPORTANT! All participants must sign a COVID-19 Declaration and updated BCWSA Waiver before participating in any BCWSA programming. If you have already signed these documents you do not need to complete them again. Please contact Michelle if you are unsure.
6. All participants must complete a personal health attestation each time they participate in sport programming. The online form can be found HERE. Participants who cannot complete the form as written should contact me directly at [email protected] or 604-961-2516 to discuss. Please do not go to programming if you cannot complete the attestation.
BCWSA Jr. Wheelchair Tennis programs are supported by the Canadian Tire Jumpstart Sport Relief Fund