The BC Wheelchair Sports Show brings you interviews and stories from the athletes, coaches, and members that make up the incredible wheelchair sports community in BC and beyond.
Each episode features guests from within the parasport world ranging from grassroots athletes participating in BCWSA programs to Paralympians from across Canada and the world.
Do you have a question about wheelchair or para sports? An athlete you'd like to hear from or an issue/topic that you'd like us to discuss? Email Nate at [email protected]!
Series 1: Limb Loss Awareness Month
April was Limb Loss Awareness Month and we launched a new interview series to shine a light on amputees and athletes with limb differences who are active and thriving in Wheelchair Sports.
The six-part series interviewed athletes from across Canada who are involved in our four core sports (Wheelchair Tennis, Wheelchair Rugby, Wheelchair Racing, Seated Throws) and Wheelchair Basketball.
- Barry Henderson (Wheelchair Tennis)
- Zak Madell (Wheelchair Rugby)
- Se-Youn Moon (Bridging the Gap)
- Deion Green (Wheelchair Basketball
- Dakoda Darling (Seated Throws)
- Alex Dupont (Wheelchair Racing)
Spotlight On The Okanagan
A four-part series shining a light on Wheelchair Sports in the Okanagan and Interior! Nate sits down with athletes and coaches who are pursuing and pushing wheelchair sports forward in Kelowna and Kamloops.
- Brandon Perger (Wheelchair Rugby)
- Kendra Todd (Wheelchair Rugby)
- William McCreight (Wheelchair Rugby)
- Eva Miller (Wheelchair Tennis)
Celebrating 50 Years of BC Wheelchair Sports
2021 marks the 50th anniversary of BCWSA and as part our plans to commentate this incredible milestone, we’re excited to announce a new project that will delve into the history of Wheelchair Sports in BC.
We’re diving into the archives and pulling out the old address book to bring you stories about the key moments, incredible figures and historic events that have shaped BC Wheelchair Sports into the organization that is today!
Learn more about this series and our 50th Anniversary by clicking HERE and click the links below to tune into the episodes.
- 40 Years of Leadership and Friendship in Wheelchair Sports with Kathy Newman and Laurel Crosby
- Pushing to The Top Of the Podium With Michelle Stilwell - Premiering on Friday, August 13th
- 1.0 of a Kind: A Wheelchair Basketball Odyssey With Marni Abbott-Peter - Premiering Monday, August 16th
- The King of Murderball With Garett Hickling - Premiering Monday, August 23rd
- The Quadfather with Duncan Campbell - Premiering Tuesday, September 7th
Get to know some of the athletes and coaches who will be representing Canada at the 2020ne Tokyo Paralympic Games in Wheelchair Sports.
- Rob Shaw (Wheelchair Tennis)
- Trevor Hirschfield (Wheelchair Rugby)
- Byron Green (Wheelchair Rugby)
- Austin Smenk (Wheelchair Racing) - PREMIERING on Saturday, August 14th
- Lisa Myers (Wheelchair Racing - Coach) - PREMIERING on Sunday, August 15th
- Tara Llanes (Wheelchair Basketball) PREMIERING on Tuesday, August 17th
- Bo Hedges (Wheelchair Basketball) - PREMIERING on Thursday August 19th