Our communications team is always happy to help journalists, bloggers and other members of the media. We can provide you with print-quality photos and video, suggest story ideas and connect you with our athletes, coaches and staff. This section contains media bios and print-quality photos on some of our elite athletes, as well as tips to help you report on athletes with a disability. Our storybank will also introduce you to some of the people we're proud to have in our community.
If you require any additional information, please contact:
Arley McNeney, Communications Manager
778.788.9091 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Duncan Campbell, the inventor of wheelchair rugby, is a BCWSA member and still plays the sport. He has been responsible for recruiting many top wheelchair rugby athletes like Ian Chan, Trevor Hirschfield and Travis Murao.
- Trevor Hirschfield is the 2012 Sport BC Athlete with a Disability of the Year and was recently named captain of the Canadian Wheelchair Rugby National team.
- Sarah Hunter continues her rise back to the top of the wheelchair tennis circuit after recovering from an injury.
- Kelly Smith is not only a Paralympic silver medalist, he's also a free-diver and has even completed several Tough Mudders. Now, he's our new wheelchair racing coach and is helping some of our up-and-coming athletes to success.
- Michelle Stilwell is trying to balance her new career as the MLA for Parksville-Qualicum with her training as the world's best wheelchair racer in her classification.
- Ian Chan, Trevor Hirschfield and Travis Murao all won silver medals at the London 2012 Paralympic Games. They will look to get to the top of the podium at the 2014 Canada Cup International Wheelchair Rugby Tournament, which will be held at the Richmond Olympic Oval this Summer.